Thursday, June 26, 2008

My name is Cuban Pete....

Just 3 more "dodo's" till my feet will be in the sand. I am just so excited! I can't believe that my vacation is almost here!
I didn't do so well last week on my trip. I stayed away from the sweets and tracked my points. Why did I gain 3 lbs? Well, TOM was here. Yes, my beloved friend TOM. He usually brings a weight gain whenever he comes in to town. I was also a little heavy on the wine at night. Even though I tracked the wine, it still leads to dehydration and seeing as I was retaining water just with TOM to begin with, it added to my inflation. Oh well. Minor set back. I won't kill myself over it. I'm saying this even though I am just sooooo upset with myself over this gain. I could have done better, but hopefully this weeks weigh in will make me happy! I'm anxious to weigh in on Saturday so I know pretty much exactly how much I weigh at the start of my trip. I'll be missing my first weigh in the week after, so a full two weeks will pass by for my next. Will I reach Onederland? A place I haven't been to in almost a decade? I hope so! I may be being a little ambitious, but I'm 6.5 lbs away from it. We'll just see how you do. For those few that read my blog. Have a fantastic week! I'll definitely be posting when I get back, along with some pics! Maybe I'll go all crazy and let the camera be out when I'm in a bathing suit (that hasn't happened since I was like 5 yrs old). oh, before I forget, the title of my post was inspired by a song I've had stuck in my head ever since I booked my trip. Here's a clip of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
Ta ta for now!!

2 comments:

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

I just checked my calendar and it's right about that time for a good ol' water retaining PMS. I'm hoping that's why I'm showing a gain so far and not a loss. Then again, I'm also thinking I just need to have the scale hidden so I quit peeking. I think I end up screwing myself when I peek.

Have fun on your trip!

Carolyn said...

Groovy!!!
3 lbs will fall off ya.. TOM is the worst!
Your vacation will be amazing, and I wanna see pics! HAve fun, stay OP, and see ya when ya get back@