Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm back and pumped!

I realize it's been a little while since my last post. Last weeks' w.i had me down .06, todays' had me up 3 lbs. This is a result of too much partying, laryngittis, a back injury that had me out of the gym for a week ( I took a little tumble) and eating birthday cake for breakfast. Todays' meeting was all about motivation and remembering why we signed up and where we want to be. Our homework was to write out a list of Top 10 Reasons You Want to Lose Weight. Here's mine, in no order of importance:

1. To have a positive self-image
2. To be one of those girls with a 'rockin bod
3. To finally have my permanent clothing and not just transition pieces
4. Top of my physical fitness, to truly be the best I can be
5. To have an added abundance of energy
6. To complete what I've started and not give up 75% of the way there
7. To not be the fat girl
8. To not fear rejection because of my body size
9. To say buh-bye to thigh chaffing
10. To feel good in my skin

I might come back and modify some of these reasons, but for now this is what I'll hold myself to to make sure I get there. If I can do it, anyone can. 


8 comments:

Girl of True Heart said...

Awesome reasons! Hugs to you butterfly girl, YOU CAN DO IT!

cdblueberry said...

What an excellent idea!

I love number 3. I have very little clothes because I don't want to spend money while I'm "this size".

Anonymous said...

Fab idea, has inspired me to come up with some of my own reasons (although I think they'll be pretty similar)

Happy belated birthday too!

S. said...

That's a great list! I've been working on my own and am happily stealing items of all the other lists I've come across. :-)

Good luck!!

Natalia said...

I'm so with you on the thigh chaffing! My other main reason's are to be healthy, fit and strong! :) Birthday cake for breakfeast....YUM! :)

SeaShore said...

All good reasons. #7 has always been one of my top reasons, too.

Hope you're well :)

Amy S. said...

I've totally been missing everyone's updates, hope life is grand!

Miz said...

checking back in.
how are you doing??